Estate of Mario C. v. Telephone Marketing Co.
Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
Attorney for Plaintiff: Robert M. Roselli
Mario C., a forty three year old Honduran immigrant, suffered massive head injuries and ultimately died after he was pushed to the ground during a sidewalk encounter with a door to door salesman selling long distance telephone service. Because Mario was intoxicated and unable to give his side of the story, the police concluded that the salesman acted in self defense. Attorney, Robert M. Roselli was retained by Mario’s sister on behalf of Mario’s grieving sons who were living in Honduras. A lawsuit was immediately filed against the marketing company that employed the salesman and the long distance carrier alleging negligent hiring, training and supervision. Liability was denied. During discovery and depositions it was revealed that the salesman also worked as a nightclub bouncer and was actually still in training and accompanied by his supervisor at the time of the altercation. Aggressive investigation also led to the identification of an independent eyewitness that refuted Defendants’ contention that Mario was the aggressor. Ultimately, Mr. Roselli obtained for Mario’s sons a recovery of over $2 million dollars and the Justice they deserved.
Published: Florida Jury Verdict Review & Analysis Vol. 16, Issue 9, September 2006
When Bob Roselli makes the decision to take your case, it is an expression of total commitment to injury victims and their families.
Other Cases of Interest
- Low Impact Car Crash Aggravates Pre-Existing Cervical Degeneration
- Inadequate Security At Local Bar Leads To Serious Injuries
- Drowning Is The Leading Cause Of Child Deaths In Florida
- Gas Line Explosion Causes Severe Burns To Bellsouth Worker
- Financial Advisor Sustains Knee Cap Fracture In Car Crash
- School Teacher Rendered Quadriplegic After Eating Contaminated Hot Dog – Then Dies
- Parasites In Salad Found To Be The Cause Of Man’s Mystery Illness
- Wrongful Death Of 4 Year Old Boy Who Wandered Into Apartment Complex Pool
- Mother Dies Hours After Giving Birth
- Insurance Company Destroys Automobile Insurance Coverage Form
- 17 Year Old Back Seat Passenger Suffers Jaw Fracture In Auto Accident
- Sidewalk Altercation Leads To Wrongful Death Of 43 Year Old Honduran Immigrant
- Virginia Man On Vacation In South Florida Is Rear Ended By Drunk Driver
- Negligent Transport Of Mentally Challenged Woman
- Rear-End Crash Causes Cervical Compression Fracture