Marlene L. v. Adult Day Training Facility and Paratransit Company
Broward County, Florida
Attorney for Plaintiff: Robert M. Roselli
Marlene, a 37 year old mentally challenged woman, was transported to a park with her Day Training School. Upon arrival, Marlene was provided no assistance down the van steps causing her to fall and land full force on her extended foot resulting in a severe knee fracture. A lawsuit was brought against the Paratransit company and the School for negligence. Defendants asserted that Marlene was already off the van when she "twisted" her knee and that there was no need or duty to assist. A major obstacle was that all witnesses were Defendant employees and Marlene was unable to testify.
After 4 years of contentious litigation and discovery the defenses fell apart. With each defense refuted, it was clear that Marlene should have been given a "helping hand". Marlene’s future economic needs were assessed by Life Care Planning and detailed Economic Analysis.
Published: Florida Jury Verdict Review & Analysis Volume 15, Issue 10, October 2005
When Bob Roselli makes the decision to take your case, it is an expression of total commitment to injury victims and their families.
Other Cases of Interest
- Financial Advisor Sustains Knee Cap Fracture In Car Crash
- Low Impact Car Crash Aggravates Pre-Existing Cervical Degeneration
- Inadequate Security At Local Bar Leads To Serious Injuries
- Rear-End Crash Causes Cervical Compression Fracture
- Gas Line Explosion Causes Severe Burns To Bellsouth Worker
- Drowning Is The Leading Cause Of Child Deaths In Florida
- Parasites In Salad Found To Be The Cause Of Man’s Mystery Illness
- Sidewalk Altercation Leads To Wrongful Death Of 43 Year Old Honduran Immigrant
- Mother Dies Hours After Giving Birth
- Dosage Error By Pharmacy Causes Death Of 83 Year Old
- Negligent Transport Of Mentally Challenged Woman
- 17 Year Old Back Seat Passenger Suffers Jaw Fracture In Auto Accident
- Virginia Man On Vacation In South Florida Is Rear Ended By Drunk Driver
- Insurance Company Destroys Automobile Insurance Coverage Form
- School Teacher Rendered Quadriplegic After Eating Contaminated Hot Dog – Then Dies